Friday 28 March 2014

Friday Favorites - Blush


 I never used to use blush, my cheeks were always so red that even with a layer of foundation the redness would show. Over the last few years the brightness has toned itself down. My cheeks are still rather red but with a primer and foundation it almost matches the rest of my face and I've been able to start playing around with blush and bronzers.

A. Benefit Coralista    B. Blush Rose Gold    C. Natio Duo - Beige    D. Natio Duo - Mocha
 These above are my current popular go to choices. Firstly Benefits Coralista which I spotted in boots last year. Months went by and either I couldn't find it or I didn't have the money to buy it. Christmas came and thankfully my best friend has the foresight to put it in my hamper and I haven't looked back. It can be built up for a more dramatic look but is great just add that nice shade to your cheeks. It is what it said it is, its a coral colour with a slight shimmer that is great for spring days out.

 Sleeks offering of a lovely shade called Rose Gold is just divine, its pink with some gold pigment woven into it, I love just brushing it on the apple of my cheeks and up my cheek bone line to give it the best chance of catching the light. It has become my go to blush and for £5 who can argue if you run out. Like the Coralista it can be build up for a more striking appearance or you can just brush it on gently for a more elegant and subtle effect. I also quite like giving this a sweep between my eye make up and brow bone to add a little colour and make my eye pop,

 Finally a duo from Natio called sunshine. It has one very light beige powder with a little glitter that I have found great for highlighting or for brushing over other blush if you have gone a little heavy. The other choice in the case is a mocha that is very complimentary for light skin especially if you use it as an under colour for another blush. However its when you use them in tandem is when you see that they are designed to be together. I can create a shadow effect that makes me look like I have much deeper cheeks than I do.

 There are a plethora of choices in blush and I tend to stick to more neutral ones. Ones that I can play with, mix and build up to create whatever look I want to achieve.  Adventurous or safe these are just a few that will remain in my make up arsenal.




No comments:

Post a Comment