Sunday 23 March 2014

Lazy Days


Over halfway through my two weeks off work and what I have I done? the truth is not that much. I gave my home a good spring clean, doing the things that get forgotten. I have met up with friends and gone to the cinema. Caught up on the TV shows and read a book. All in all it's just been a relaxing time, with few commitments and all day to do what I need or want to. I don't get this often. Normally my weeks off coincide with my husband as hes in work for 60+ hours in the week, I rarely get to spend more than a half day with him as my shifts are always different and I tend to be in work when hes home. Sod's law, but our weeks off are our own time and they fly by. I get a few more hols off a year than him and these two weeks are my full on me time.

It really is nice not to have to worry about ironing shirts or being so busy that I loose track of how many whites he has left and last minute throwing a load on. Its nice not to be on my feet, running around a huge store. To be able to do things leisurely instead of as quick as possible. The time is flying by, as weeks off always do, but I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Its a shame that it can't happen more often, but then if it did it would not be such a treat. The beauty of these weeks is that they are a yearly rarity and even though ill be back to my usual last minute self soon enough, for now the time is making me organised and relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment