Friday 4 April 2014

Friday Favourites - Flowers


Flowers are a cheap and easy way of adding colour to you home, They are pretty and bright and can add a sense of fun to a room. Flowers always make me feel better, depending on my mood is dependent on what colours I will buy. The one thing I always love though are tulips. A lot of people and even florist don't like tulips but I do, I love the colours and the shape and I love that as they get older the tips get whiter. With the exception of roses and lilies flowers can last almost 2 weeks and I've even had bunches that just refuse to wilt. Tulips are my number one choice and then I like roses but as I just said they don't really last as long. I'm a strong believer in getting value for money so the longer they last the happier I am.


If they are bought for me as a gift, as a surprise from my husband or if I just buy them myself as a little treat, they are one of my loved in my home. I've even bought plants on occasion, I just have no green thumb so they die pretty quickly. Supermarkets offer a wide choice of flowers now and though they are still seasonal there are a lot that you get all year round. a £5 bunch now and then is a worth expenditure too add the smell and colour and life to my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment